How to Play Sic Bo
Sic Bo is a fun and exciting game that is played with three dice and originated in China centuries ago. The game is called by different names such as tai sai, dai siu, big and small, or hi-lo. In English, the literal meaning of Sic Bo is “precious dice.” The game has been popular in Asia for hundreds of years and Chinese immigrants brought it to the United States in the early 20th century. The game has not changed much since the beginning and now is a very popular game at online casinos with many the world-over having it in their game library.
Real Money Sic Bo
If you are looking to play Sic Bo for real money you can play the game at land-based casinos as well as the many online casinos that offer it. When you play Sic Bo online you have a lot of choices not only picking a big variety of online casinos but also playing the game in a wide variety of stakes. All you need to do to play Sic Bo for money online is register at an online casino and deposit into your account.
Where to Play Sic Bo Online
Considering that Sic Bo is a very popular game you will have no problems finding an online casino that offers it. When you play online for real money you need to make sure the casino is a good one carrying a legitimate license. Whenever you look to sign up at an online casino to play Sic Bo also take advantage of bonuses and promotions to pad your bankroll. If you are new to the game it is also a good idea to play for free beforehand and most online casinos will offer a demo mode of Sic Bo where you can do just that. You can also get a real-life gaming experience at a lot of online casinos playing in the live casino where there is a real live dealer that you can chat with. Simply find a legitimate online casino that offers Sic Bo and has it in the stakes that you want to play and you are ready to get in on the action.
Sic Bo Rules
Sic Bo is a game that has three dice where the dealer shakes the dice to reveal the combinations that you can bet on in the betting table. There are many number combinations that you can wager on in the game and the goal is for you to bet on the numbers that you think will show up on the dice when rolled. There are quite a few betting options for the game in the number combinations with different payouts determined by the probability that the combination will show up.
The first thing you do is make a bet or bets on the betting table and then the dealer will roll the dice. Then the number combination is shown, and the dealer will pay out the winning bet or bets and collect the losing ones.
Here are all of the betting options for Sic Bo and their payouts:
- Big – The sum of the dice is between 11 and 17. This bet pays out 1:1 and any 3 of a kind roll does not count for the Big bet.
- Small – The sum of the dice is between 4-10. Like the Big bet, this one has a payout of 1:1 and excludes any 3 of a kind roll.
- Odd – The sum of the dice is an odd number and pays out 1:1 with 3 of a kind bets excluded.
- Even – Odd – The sum of the dice is an even number and pays out 1:1 with 3 of a kind bets excluded.
- Specific Triples – One number is shown on all three dice such as betting on three 4’s to be rolled. The payout of this bet is typically 150:1 and can be up to 215:1 depending on where you are playing.
- Specific Doubles – Two of the same number is shown on two of the three dice such as betting on two 4’s to be rolled. The payout of this bet is typically 8:1 and can be up to 11:1 depending on where you are playing.
- Any Triple – Three of the same number on all three dice. The payout for this bet is typically 30:1.
- Three Dice Total – This bet is a few bets in on and will depend on the total sum of the dice. You will see on the Bic Bo table a few of these types of betting options such as 4-17. If you make that bet the sum of the dice has to fall between that range. The payout will differ, as it will depend on the range you wagered on and casinos will offer different Three Dice Total bets.
- Combinations (Domino) – Two of the three dice are a certain number combination such as betting on a 3 and 6 to show up. This bet pays out 6:1.
- One Number (Single Dice) – You bet on one number 1-6 to show up on one, two, or all of the three dice. One number has a payout of 1:1, two numbers have a payout of 2:1, and three numbers have a payout of 3:1, but the last one can have a higher payout depending on where you are playing.
- Four-Number Combination – You can wager on the combinations of: 6, 5, 4, 3; 6, 5, 3, 2; 5, 4, 3, 2; or 4, 3, 2, 1. Three of the four numbers bet on have to show up on the three dice and the payout for this bet is 7:1.
- Total – In this bet, you have to pick the exact number of the total sum of all three dice. The payouts range from 6:1 for 10 and 11 up to 69:1 for 4 and 17.
Sic Bo Strategy
Sic Bo is a game of chance played with dice with not much skill involved, unlike poker. However, there are some strategy tips that you can follow to increase that can increase your chances of winning.
- Don’t Bet Too Many Areas – You can make multiple bets on each roll playing Sic Bo but do not play too many, as it can quickly drain your bankroll with a losing roll.
- Mostly Make Big and Small Bets – This may sound boring, but it is a good idea to make the Big and Small bet the most often, and while it only pays 1:1 it is the bet in the game with the lowest house edge.
- Don’t Follow Patterns – For example, just because a few rolls in a row have been a low total the odds are the same for the next roll that the total will be big.
- Use Smart Money Management – Have a set bankroll for a Sic Bo session and stick to it, as the rule of thumb is, never gamble with more than you can afford to lose. Also do not chase losses, also called hedging bets, by betting more on the next roll or the next few rolls to try to win back money lost. This is the quickest way to drain your bankroll.
Try online Sic Bo here:
Last Updated on September 28, 2020