How to Play Andar Bahar
Andar Bahar is a card game that is hundreds of years old and originated in Bangalore in south India. It rapidly spread in popularity in India and around Asia and it can now be played at many land-based online casinos. One of the reasons the game is so popular is the simplicity of the game. Not only can you find Andar Bahar at many online casinos but many of them also offer it in live casinos, where you are playing with a real live dealer.
Like other casino card games, Andar Bahar is a game that has guesswork involved but there are also some strategies when playing the game where the player has a 50/50 chance of winning. There are variations of the game as well and in India, the game is often called Katti. It is still played on the streets of India as well as at some of the most prestigious land-based and online casinos.
Andar Bahar History
Not much is known about the exact time that Andar Bahar came but what is known is that it originated in Bangalore in south India centuries ago. Specifically, it is thought that the game came about with a different deck of cards, as the standard deck of cards was not used before British colonial rule. Because of that, it is a pretty safe assumption that the game was around before the British colonized the country. The game became so popular in India that it soon spread all-around Asia and while it is not a common game played in Europe or North America it has seen a spike in popularity with the advent of online casinos.
Pretty much all of the online casinos that cater to the Asian market will have Andar Bahar. However, more and more online casinos, overall, are adding the popular game to their game library. Before online casinos, Andar Bahar was played often in the streets of India and throughout Asia, and that still goes on to this day. When the online casinos did start to feature the game that is when game variations of Andar Bahar began to appear and this mostly has to do with additional betting options. Nowadays, there is no lack of reputable online casinos that feature the game and there are also many online casinos that have the game available in their live game section so players can play with a live dealer. This only adds to the excitement of the game giving players a true-to-life gaming experience when playing Andar Bahar.
Is Andar Bahar Legal?
Playing Andar Bahar is legal for the most part but it depends on where you reside. When it comes to online casinos the game is legal to play but in some areas of the world where online gambling is not legal online casinos can be blocked. However, playing Andar Bahar for money online is legal for most players. Even in a country in India where online gambling is technically illegal the country does not prosecute people for gambling online. The country does have the right to block online gambling sites but does not do it often.
With the popularity of Andar Bahar is easy to find an online casino where you can legally play the game. Many offshore casinos are out of state jurisdictions as well that offer the game to be played legally. If an online casino carries a legitimate license they can legally offer all the games in their library. However, again, the legality of playing Andar Bahar, or any casino game online, will depend on the gambling laws in the area where you reside.
Andar Bahar Rules
In Andar Bahar one deck of 52 cards is used and, again, a player has a 50/50 chance to win. The players in the game pick one of two sides of the gaming table in the Bahar, which means outside in Hindi and is the right side, or the Andar, which means inside in Hindi and is the left side. The main goal of the game is for the player to predict which side the same card that is shown by the dealer after shuffling will show up on.
To begin with, the dealer in the game shuffles the cards and then cuts them to show the card that you and other players can see. The dealer will then place that card in the middle of the table. You do not have long after this, as you have to place your wager on if the first card with the same value will show up on the Andar (left) or Bahar (right) side of the table. Cards are dealt out to the two betting spots of Andar and Bahar If the first card is a suit that is black being spades or clubs the dealing will begin from the Andar side. If the first card is a suit that is black being hearts of diamond the dealing will begin from the Bahar side.
After the side of the table where the dealing starts has been determined the cards are dealt in alternative fashion between the two sides, as you watch to see if you made the right pick. When there is a card with the identical card value that the dealer showed when first cutting the cards before dealing appears the round is over with the dealer paying winners and collecting all of the losing bets.
|Bet size (INR)||Winning card appears on the same side as first drawn card||Winning card appears on the other side than the first drawn card|
Here is an easy to follow example of an Andar Bahar hand:
The dealer cuts the card and 6 is shown. You then make the bet of Andar and the dealer shuffles the cards or is automatically done if playing online. The cards are alternatively dealt to each side and another 6 is dealt to the Andar side. This means you win the bet since you correctly chose that the same card value would be on the Andar side. Conversely, all of the bets on the Bahar side are losers and the dealer will collect those wagers.
Try online Andar Bahar here
Andar Bahar Tips and Tricks
Andar Bahar is a game that is very simple and does not have many strategies involved. However, there are some strategies to implement in your game that can help you out in the long run. The game is a game of chance online having to pick one of two sides of the table. The tips to follow playing the game deal with actions that you have control over in terms of preparing to play the game or once you are playing it. Here a few tips and tricks for playing Andar Bahar.
- Know the Rules of the Game and the Terms – While the game is very simple it is still important to know the rules and the terms used and this is especially the case when playing for money. You have to know the basic terms of Andar, Bahar, game card, and the longshot side bet. Just remember that Andar is to the left and Bahar is to the right. The game card is the card that is revealed when the dealer cuts the card and places it in the middle of the gaming table. It is the card that has to have the same value in another card showing which side won the bet. The longshot bet is a bet that is available at many online casinos and is usually always available for live Andar Bahar games. When you make a longshot bet you are betting that there will be no matched value cards after 41 cards have been dealt out. The payout for this bet is significant and the payout odds will vary.
- Know the Game Variations – When you play Andar Bahar online and online in live casinos, there are variations of the games available at some casinos. The game is the same and when it comes to variations it deals with additional bets that can be made and unique side bets. When you get online and join an Andar Bahar table make sure you know if there are variations of the game in terms of bets and how the game is played, as the table should have all the rules for the specific game the casino offers. If there are additional bets to be made look into them in not only what they are but the payouts and odds associated with them.
- Make the Smart Bet – This can seem a little strange for Andar Bahar since there are only two bets you can make and have a 50/50 chance of winning. However, Andar Bahar is like any other casino game, as a house edge is involved. Lowering the house edge in the game is what you want to do, and this applies to the first card drawn after the game card has been put in the middle of the table. The side that has the first card drawn wins 51.5% of the time and, conversely, the opposing side will win 48.5% of the time.
- Know the Table Limits – Often a player can get so caught up in a game that they cease to pay attention to the table limits. This can cause a player to get confused and not fully focus on the game. Whatever online casino you choose to play Andar Bahar at be mindful of the table limits and this is especially the case when you are playing a variation game with side bets involved. Some Andar Bahar tables at online casinos will have a minimum limit for every player and then they can choose if they want to increase those stakes before the next hand of the game is dealt.
- Have Solid Money Management – This is not just a tip for Andar Bahar but every single casino game out there. You should have a set bankroll for the game before sitting down at a table and the rule of thumb in gambling is never gamble with more money than you can afford to lose. Andar Bahar rounds are very fast so you should have a per hand amount in mind before you play. Also, never chase losses meaning betting more on a hand or hands after a string of losses, as that is the quickest way to get into a hole and the quickest way to drain your bankroll.
- Beginners Should Bet Less – While the game is easy to understand beginning players should still bet the minimum and play in low stakes games. Beginners are the players that make the most mistakes and even in a simple to play game like Andar Bahar that is the case. Also, beginners tend to make more betting mistakes. Many online casinos will offer Andar Bahar in a demo mode, which means you can play for free. Playing for free is a great way to know all about the game and the betting involved and it will not cost you anything.
Andar Bahar for Real Money
Andar Bahar is a game that can be played for real money at many different places from online casinos and land-based casinos to even in the streets in India. However, for legitimacy purposes, land-based and online casinos are the best place to play the game. The easiest way to access playing Andar Bahar for money is to play at the many online casinos that are on the Internet today. Pretty much all of the online casinos that cater to the Indian and Asian markets will have the game available. Not only that, but a significant amount of those online casinos will have Andar Bahar variation games with additional bets and even live casino action for the game where you can play with a real dealer that you can chat with.
When you play Andar Bahar online for real money there are some things that you need to look into. You have to make sure that the online casino carries a license from a legitimate body. When you are looking into playing Andar Bahar for real money at an online casino make sure the license information is easy to find. You want to make sure that your financial and personal information is 100% safe and secure and the casino you choose to play at has top-notch data security.
It is also important when you play Andar Bahar for real money at an online casino you pick one that is right for your betting needs. You not only have to look for a license from a casino and their data security but if they have Andar Bahar available in the stakes you are comfortable playing the games in. Other things to look for in a solid online casino that has Andar Bahar for real money are bonuses and promotions, solid 24/7 customer security, and reputable banking methods for both deposits and withdrawals.
Where to Play Online Andar Bahar
There are many online casinos these days that feature Andar Bahar in their game library. The game is one of the most popular card games in India and because of that, it is more common to find the game at online casinos that cater to the Indian and Asian markets. However, there are a significant number of online casinos, regardless of what market it caters to, offers the game.
When you play the game online you can play the game for free from an application available at the Apple Store and Google Play, play the game for real money at an online casino, or play with a real dealer at a live casino. Just like the demo mode where you can play for free doing so from an application is a great tool for beginners to get to know the game. While a free demo mode is available at many online casinos you cannot play for free with a live dealer.
Andar Bahar Cheats
Cheating is very prevalent playing Andar Bahar but most of it occurs in street games in India. Much of those street games are run by the Indian mafia, so it is no surprise there is much cheating going on in those games. However, cheating does not happen at online casinos with the games tested as fair and all of the security measures that are in place at legitimate online casinos.
If you Google cheating for Andar Bahar you will see many cheating devices that are for sale. Most of the cheating devices are for the Indian market and you can find many of them for purchase online. There are many types of “devices” such as spy cams, scanner applications for mobile phones, and marked cards. All of the devices are for real games and they are not useful when playing Andar Bahar at online casinos. Overall, cheating at the game cannot be done online and anybody that tells you it can be done is simply scamming you.
Last Updated on September 21, 2020